Saturday, February 21, 2009

Delightful Falafel


No pictures of tonight's special--falafel. We ate it up too fast. But I am happy to have found another great boat meal. One that is healthy, reasonably well-balanced and made from ingredients that we can easily store long-term.

I can't link to the recipe either because I looked at 4 or 5 and then did my own thing. That's another plus for for boat meals, as we only have space for a couple of cookbooks.
But since we joined the CSA a few years ago, I've gotten more and more comfortable with making meals without a recipe; even baking like Grandma, with a pinch of this and a handful of that until everything looks right.

Now if I can only figure out how to make artisan bread in a propane oven!

Bryan is on his way home from a very good trip to the boat. He changed the spark plugs (and the engine fired right up--yay!), fitted the new sail (and it fits--yay!), and fixed the wobbly faucet. The leaks we sealed last time aren't dripping. And the girls and I enjoyed a low-key couple of days on our own. All in all, a low-cost, high-success weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love falafel! So far we've only done the mix, except once when Joel tried to make it from canned chick peas and the falafel batter looked more like hummus than it should...

It tasted OK, but it wasn't the best. It was really sticky.

So if you post a recipe that would be cool, when you have time.

That's so cool that you get to hang out on your boat! Joel has been romanticizing about having a boat instead of a house someday. We'll see. Neither of us knows anything about sailing, but I'm sure we could learn!