Sunday, December 19, 2010

Appliance Odes

Thanks to a very generous donor (thanks...inexpressible thanks!), a new washer and dryer were delivered to our house yesterday. They're pretty high-tech looking and make cool noises when you operate them. We put in a load of laundry right away and later, when I went out to switch it, I found two notes (replicated here with spelling and punctuation intact).

Washer-
You are humble as you wash my clothes; yet you are fisty at my stains!
I love you in every way. From your bloopidy-bleep, when you bigin; to your bleepidy-boop, when you end!
Thank you!
Meira

Dryer-
You hum wile you dry the clothes. You are warm and you vibrate. You calm me down till I get to love you. I love you from your song to your warmth. Thank you!
Meira Lee

I think the new appliances are pretty cool, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have considered a love note the appropriate expression of my affection. I hope the new refrigerator doesn't get jealous.

No comments: