Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Found Objects

The keys I lost a month ago: found in the couch.

The energy to make chocolate chip cookies with my husband at 11:30 at night: found in the smile on his face when I said, "why not?"

My first and much grieved fountain pen: also in the couch (why didn't I check there sooner?)

The perfect weekend for the first sail of the season: found on the Columbia River with my intrepid family.

The motivation to write something new on this online journal: found at the junction of my grateful heart and my untrustworthy memory.

We'll see if all these things stay found.

1 comment:

s/v Kaleo said...

Hi Bethany,

We don't know each other but we have a lot in common.

My husband, Matt, and I are in full preparations for throwing off the bowlines in pursuit of our own dream of cruising about the world.

It's encouraging to see others with a similar dream. While we live in Texas, we have family in Idaho and get up to the Puget Sound to visit as often as possible. We admire your drive, creativity, tenacity, and resourcefulness along this journey and are learning from your experiences. Thank you for sharing them!

Would you mind if we listed your site as "other cruisers we follow" on our site?

Fair winds,
Christie and Matt Butcher of s/v Kaleo

www.svkaleo.com